Whether in our personal lives or at work, cyber security awareness is important for us all. The digital revolution presents huge advantages, but also brings new risks that we need to understand and tackle given our increasing dependence on cyberspace. There has never been a better time to invest in cyber security training.
The GCHQ Certified Training (GCT) scheme certifies two levels of cyber security skills training:
- Awareness level — giving newcomers a thorough foundation in cyber security
- Application level — in-depth courses for professional development
Whether you are new to cyber security or you are an experienced security professional looking to enhance your skills, GCT can help you or your organisation find the right training.
GCT is designed to assure high quality cyber security training courses delivered by experienced training providers.
- GCHQ has developed exacting standards against which courses are rigorously assessed
- the assessment criteria, written by GCHQ, are based on the IISP Skills Framework
- the GCT certification process is carried out by APMG, the independent certification body approved by GCHQ to award certification and maintain the required high standards of assessment
To find out more information, see Certified Training Courses for a list of all GCT providers and course types.
The scheme offers UK cyber security professionals the opportunity to gain appropriate knowledge and skills through training. It is also useful for anyone seeking to improve or acquire cyber security skills, including those aspiring to certification under the NCSC Certified Professional scheme.
Training delivery is assessed by observation, and a trainer’s technical knowledge is explored through interviews. The quality management process of training providers is also inspected, ensuring course content and trainers’ knowledge is up to date.
Good cyber security training has an important role to play in countering the cyber threats that the UK faces on a daily basis. For more information about GCT, please refer to the full criteria attached (see the Downloads tab for this page) — or see the certified courses listed on the APMG webpage.