PGP Whole Disk Encryption locks down the entire contents of a laptop or desktop hard disk, including boot sectors system and swap files. Full volume encryption is provided which allows the encryption of the operating system and all data in accordance with HMG standards for data protection. Boot time authentication is provided Once booted encryption and decryption are transparent to the user. All data written to disk is encrypted using AES.
PGP Whole Disk Encryption protects the confidentiality of data at rest from compromise due to theft or loss of the computer. PGP Whole Disk Encryption software is approved to CESG Baseline Grade for total disk encryption of a hard disk for IBM compatible Personal Computers running the following operating systems:
- Windows 2000 (Service Pack 4)
- Windows XP Professional 32-bit (Service Pack 1, 2 or 3)
- Windows XP Professional 64-bit (Service Pack 1 or 2)
- Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 2 or 3)
- Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 (requires attached keyboard)
- Windows Vista (all 32-bit and 64-bit editions, including Service Pack 1 and 2)
- Windows 7 (all 32-bit and 64-bit editions)
Please note Removable Media Encryption (eg encryption of floppies, USB flash sticks USB hard disks, etc) has not been evaluated or approved as part of this CAPS certificate.
Whole Disk Encryption v9.9.0 build 456 and v10.02 PGP CAPS Activation Package v9.9.0 and v10.02