CAS(S) provides assurance that a sanitisation service conforms to relevant HMG IA policy and guidance. The standards may be found in the Service Requirement (available in the Downloads section)
Secure IT Disposals offers CAS Assured Service (CAS) sanitisation services.
Notes: The above Service has been approved to destroy the following Media Types at TOP SECRET and below:
- Dynamic and Static RAM (DRAM and SRAM)
- EEPROM and EPROM Flash FPGA (Volatile and non-volatile)
- Hard Disk Drives (Destruction)
- Hard Disk Drives (Sanitisation and reuse)
- Magnetic tapes and Floppy disks
- Optical media
- Smart Cards, Micro Controllers and SIM Cards
Due to the scope of the CAS scheme, the certification of this Service does not cover the destruction and disposal of cryptographic items, as defined within IS4 - Protective Security Controls for the Handling and Management of Cryptographic Items.