CAS(S) provides assurance that a sanitisation service conforms to relevant HMG IA policy and guidance. The service was evaluated against the CESG Assured Service - Sanitisation (CAS-S) v2 Service Requirement (also available in the Downloads section).
Euro-recycling offers NCSC (CAS) Assured sanitisation services.
The above Service has been approved to destroy the following Media Types at TOP SECRET and below:
- Dynamic and Static RAM (DRAM and SRAM)
- EEPROM and EPROM
- FPGA (Volatile and Non-Volatile)
- Floppy Disks
- Hard Disk Drives (Destruction)
- Hard Disk Drives (Sanitisation and re-use)
- Magnetic Tapes
- Optical Media
- Personal Electronic Devices (PED's)
- Smart Cards Micro Controllers and SIM Cards
Due to the scope of the CAS scheme, the certification of this Service does not cover the destruction and disposal of cryptographic items.