Sociotechnical security blogSecurity that accounts for the interaction of technology with people, processes and organisations.
- 14 Nov 2017'There's a lot going on' - Geoff E, Head of the StSG, previews forthcoming guidance from the team.
- 30 Oct 2017'Toolbox' of techniques from the NCSC will lead the field towards better security outcomes, emphasising context over compliance.
- 20 Sep 2017Helen L talks about the NCSC’s research into engineering processes ahead of the Institute of Civil Engineers’ Shaping a Digital World conference
- 21 Aug 2017Two-year project will explore how to motivate developers to adopt secure coding practice
- 14 Jun 2017Rather than demanding that software developers have the kind specialist knowledge required to build secure software from fundamental building blocks, programming languages and their associated tooling should focus more on what software developers are trying to achieve in the security domain. This shift of emphasis would reduce the number of expert decisions required from inexpert developers as they go about their routine tasks.