CyberFirst Bursary Scheme
CyberFirst Student Bursary Scheme, 2017 Applications
CyberFirst is a Student Bursary scheme inspired and led by GCHQ which aims to help support and prepare students for a career in cyber security. GCHQ will partner with other government departments and selected industry to offer students a comprehensive package of financial assistance and cyber skills to help kick start a career in cyber.
Successful applicants could be offered:
- An annual bursary of £4,000 for each year of degree study in a STEM Subject.
- Paid Summer Work activities with GCHQ or other parts of government or industry involved in national security, for each year of study. This will be a mix of training, learning and development and work experience – all designed to give students the best possible start in a career in Cyber.
- We will aim to place you for 3 years, in a National Security Cyber role after graduation.
- Membership of the CyberFirst Student Community, which aims to offer peer mentoring and advice from cyber security experts.
- UK National
- Three ‘A’ levels at grade B or above, or equivalent qualifications in any subject.
- Have an offer to study, or be in your first year of studying a STEM (Sciences, Technology, Engineering or Maths) degree at a UK university.
- As part of the selection process, you will be expected to prove clearly that you have a good understanding of computers, how they work and how to secure them.
Was this information helpful?
We need your feedback to improve this content.