CyberFirst Bursary Scheme
CyberFirst Student Bursary Scheme, 2017 Applications Register of Interest
CyberFirst is a Student Bursary scheme inspired and led by GCHQ which aims to help support and prepare students for a career in cyber security. GCHQ will partner with other government departments and selected industry to offer students a comprehensive package of financial assistance and cyber skills to help kick start a career in cyber.
Successful applicants could be offered:
- An annual bursary of £4,000 for each year of degree study in a STEM Subject.
- Paid Summer Work activities with GCHQ or other parts of government or industry involved in national security, for each year of study. This will be a mix of training, learning and development and work experience – all designed to give students the best possible start in a career in Cyber.
- We will aim to place you for 3 years, in a National Security Cyber role after graduation.
- Membership of the CyberFirst Student Community, which aims to offer peer mentoring and advice from cyber security experts.
- UK National
- Three ‘A’ levels at grade B or above, or equivalent qualifications in any subject.
- Have an offer to study, or be in your first year of studying a STEM (Sciences, Technology, Engineering or Maths) degree at a UK university.
- As part of the selection process, you will be expected to prove clearly that you have a good understanding of computers, how they work and how to secure them.
Please note that the CyberFirst Student Bursary scheme will open for applications in April 2017. However, you may register your interest NOW and you will be contacted when the campaign opens.
Was this information helpful?
We need your feedback to improve this content.