Certification bodies for IA professionals
Explaining what NCSC-approved certification bodies mean for IA professionals.
We have approved three certification bodies (CBs) to assess information assurance (IA) professionals against the competencies required to perform IA roles.
The three CBs are:
Each CB has:
- considerable experience in assessing the competence of knowledge-based professionals
- modified their core assessment processes to meet NCSC requirements
- completed a trial phase of assessments prior to full operational capability
The CBs assess whether the evidence submitted by an applicant meets the requirements of the IA roles as defined and explained in the attached documents (see the Downloads tab for this page):
- 'CESG Certification for IA Professionals'
- 'Guidance to CESG Certification for IA Professionals'
Benefits of assessment
Independent assessments by these CBs will help government and industry recruit people with the right skills, at the right level, to the right job.
Information assurance professionals will benefit by having a clearly defined career development path and the opportunity to progress, as assessment stimulates growth in skills and experience.
Was this information helpful?
We need your feedback to improve this content.